Russ Isabella-US PRESSWIRE
Notes to help you catch up to tonight's match: With Real Salt Lake taking on Herediano in CONCACAF Champions League play, projections, reading and more.
Real Salt Lake v. Herediano, 8 p.m. MDT (Fox Soccer Channel)
- RSL Soapbox: Three keys against Herediano
- RSL Soapbox: RSL looking to strike offensive, defensive balance
- RSL Soapbox: RSL looking to continue CCL trophy hunt
- RSL Soapbox: Olave, Espindola in doubt for Tuesday
- RealSaltLake.com: Tactical Preview
Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Schuler, Wingert; Beckerman, Gil, Johnson, Morales; Espindola, Paulo Jr.
(Potential) Subs: Reynish, Olave, Mansally, Grabavoy, Velasquez, Steele, Braun
Injuries and absences
Questionable: Espindola, Grabavoy, Olave
Out (yellow card accumulation): Alvaro Saborio
Cards clear after the group stage, so there are no current suspension concerns.
Vital stats & recaps
- If RSL does not concede, they must win at least 1-0. If they concede, they must win by at least two goals.
- They'll be without their leading goalscorer in CCL play, Alvaro Saborio, through a yellow card accumulation suspension. Saborio has scored 10 goals for RSL in the league (8 2010-11, 2 in 2012-13.)
- RSL played against Herediano nearly three months ago (July 31), losing 1-0. Herediano's Elias Aguilar scored in the 14th minute to send the MLS side tumbling. Nat Borchers was ejected in that match, and only minutes later, Jamison Olave came off with a hamstring injury and Kwame Watson-Siriboe was forced into his CCL debut.
- 18-year-old Luis Gil could make his second CONCACAF Champions League start if Ned Grabavoy isn't deemed fit. He also started RSL's Oct. 19, 2010 match against Cruz Azul, a game in which he played 45 minutes — his first ever start for the club.