Victor Decolongon - Getty Images
In advance of today's pre-playoff battle against LA Galaxy, we've got the links, facts and stats to get you ready.
In advance of today's pre-playoff battle against LA Galaxy, we've got the links, facts and stats to get you ready. With RSL looking to take advantage of a big defensive absence for the Galaxy, they'll be dealing with their own problems with Ned Grabavoy still out of the side.
Real Salt Lake v. LA Galaxy, 7 p.m. MDT (NBC Sports)
- Jason Kreis: "We're getting back to our potential"
- Sebastian Velasquez: "I'm taking it all in, learning day by day"
- Three Questions with LAG Confidential
- RSL looking for HDC clean sweep
- LAG Confidential: Beckham recovers & LA Injury Update
- LAG Confidential: Three Questions with RSL Soapbox
- RealSaltLake.com: RSL v. LA Galaxy Tactical Preview
Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Beckerman (c), Gil, Steele, Morales; Saborio, Espindola
SUBS: Reynish, Schuler, Mansally, Alvarez, Velasquez, Paulo, Braun
Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Beckerman, Gil, Johnson, Morales; Saborio, Espindola
Both Javier Morales and Alvaro Saborio are within one yellow card of a single-game suspension. With only three matches remaining in the regular season, it'll be vital that neither picks up an unnecessary booking.
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture); MF Ned Grabavoy (R quad strain); DOUBTFUL: DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe (R adductor strain); PROBABLE: FW Alvaro Saborio (R shoulder sprain); DF Chris Wingert (turf toe); DF Tony Beltran (R knee soreness)
- Javier Morales has completed the second-most key passes in MLS (74) — one more than Landon Donovan and a handful fewer than Landon Donovan.
- Alvaro Saborio has scored more goals this season (17) than any Real Salt Lake player in a single season. With his last goal, he beat Jeff Cunningham (16).
- Real Salt Lake has conceded the lowest percentage of total goals conceded in MLS from shots outside the box (2/34, 5 percent, level with Philadelphia Union), while LA Galaxy have scored the highest percentage of their goals from outside (16/54, 30 percent)
- RSL will be looking to string together its third set of three-consecutive-win streaks this season. They have yet to win more than three in a row this season.