Steven Bisig-US PRESSWIRE
With Real Salt Lake and Seattle Sounders facing off to move forward and face LA Galaxy, catch up on the stories, stats and lineup projection before the match.
Reading and viewing
- RSL Soapbox: Kreis on Seattle: Be ready for 120 minutes
- RSL Soapbox: Despite goal paucity, Kreis not panicking
- RSL Soapbox: Two questions with Sounder at Heart
- RSL Soapbox: Espindola, Olave set for gametime decisions
- RSL Soapbox: Tony Beltran's headed clearance
- RealSaltLake.com: Tactical preview, RSL v. Seattle
- Sounder at Heart: RSL, Sounders both have health concerns
Rimando; Beltran, Watson-Siriboe, Borchers, Wingert; Beckerman, Grabavoy, Johnson, Morales; Paulo Jr., Saborio
With, of course, Olave and Espindola on the bench to come in if necessary/desirable.
Kyle Beckerman and Javier Morales will need to be on their behaviors, as they're both sitting on yellow card cautions. Two yellow cards in the playoffs leads to a suspension, but yellow card accumulation is wiped clean upon entry of the MLS Cup final.
- Real Salt Lake are goalless in four consecutive matches, but also haven't conceded in those four. RSL is on a stellar defensive run — three goals conceded in 12 matches is an enviable mark.
- With LA Galaxy defeating San Jose in the other semifinal, RSL would hold home advantage if they go through. The first leg would be Sunday at the Home Depot Center, with the second leg at Rio Tinto a week later. There's plenty left to play before that becomes a consideration, though.
- Seattle has never progressed from a knockout playoff round. Ever.
- Last time the Sounders set foot at the Rio Tinto was July 4 in a match that ended in a 0-0 draw. That match saw the debuts of Kenny Mansally and Kwame Watson-Siriboe.