So SB Nation has been building their MLS rankings and I will share those with you, but I thought I would share my version of MLS power rankings (from bottom to top):
16. Philadelphia Union - 0-1-0 - The Union are much more like an expansion team than was Seattle last year, and while I expect they might improve they will need to do so in a hurry if they are going to get out of the basement.
15. Chivas USA - 0-2-0 - Chivas is simply a mess, and while they have a number of decent players it is clear that they are lacking leadership on the pitch and on the sidelines, they looked lost and confused against the Galaxy
14. DC United - 0-2-0 - I thought DC would be a playoff contender this year, based on their performance in the CCC, but I noted then that they beat teams by playing their number one lineup for the entire match and had a feeling depth would be a huge issue. So far Jamie Moreno hasn't scored a goal and the reality is neither has DC United, it will take someone stepping up on the pitch to lead Curt's squad.
13. San Jose Earthquakes - 0-1-0 - Well while the Quakes had week two off, they will really need to do some soul searching to rebound from their week one 3-0 loss to RSL. It won't be easy as they head this weekend to Chicago to face off against the Fire.
12. Toronto FC - 0-1-0 - TFC seem to have struggled from their latest coaching change, and getting used to Preki isn't going to be easy, but if they can listen and do what he says they should be moving up the power rankings in no time.
11. FC Dallas - 0-0-1 - The hoops had the week off, and will look to rebound from their opening weekend draw against Houston, but the task doesn't get easier as they have to face the Crew. I do hope that this time they will get more than the 4-5,000 that showed up on opening weekend.
The top 10 are after the jump:
10. Chicago Fire - 0-1-1 - The Fire went to the mile high city and came away with a road point, now they get to play at Toyota Park and face the San Jose Quakes. They should come out of the weekend with a win.
9. New England Revolution 1-1-0 - Well after looking weak in week one, they got 3 minutes of Kenny Mansally at the top of his form (2 great goals), it was enough to beat DC United on their home turf, so now the Rev's get to play at home and against Eastern Conference rivals Toronto FC. This could be one of the most interesting matchups of the weekend.
8. Seattle Sounders FC - 1-1-0 - I am sure the green army will be upset with me but honestly they beat an expansion team and got beat at home by last years worst team. They were the better team against New York but they failed to find a way to score a goal and in the end they were handed a home loss. Now they get to leave the comfort of Qwest field and head to Rio Tinto Stadium and face off against defending MLS Cup Champions and 2009's best home team Real Salt Lake.
7. Real Salt Lake - 1-1-0 - They played a tough match against the Houston Dynamo and only two PK's kept the defending champions from getting their second straight road win. Now they get to face Seattle in their home opener and this has got to be the Marquee matchup of the weekend in MLS.
6. Houston Dynamo - 1-0-1 - Houston picked up a win in their hope opener against RSL, granted they could only score with two PK's. We should know a lot more about how good Houston really is when they have to face off against the undefeated LA Galaxy next weekend. Along with the RSL vs. Seattle match, this is going to be a great match to watch.
5. Columbus Crew - 1-0-0 - A opening day win against TFC showed that the Crew were ready to defend their supporter shield win of 2009 and once again declare their dominance of the Eastern Conference. They will head down to Dallas this weekend and will look to impose their will on FC Dallas.
4. Colorado Rapids - 1-0-1 - An impressive road win in week one against Chivas and then a draw at home against the Fire have the Rapids looking solid early in the season. Colorado get to travel to KC and will face a team that was able to put up a 4-0 win over DC United on week one.
3. KC Wizards - 1-0-0 - Well their huge 4-0 win over DC United made a lot of people take notice of the Wizards, now they will face an undefeated Rapids side and look to prove that their opening day win was no fluke. KC has a lot of new faces on their roster and most of them bring a international flair with them, a new head coach could have instilled a new winning attitude in Kansas City.
2. New York Red Bulls - 2-0-0 - Last year's worst team has two 1-0 victories to start the 2010 season and while they weren't the better team in Seattle, they were able to once again get a win. Now they travel to LA to face off against winless Chivas, so we may not get to see if the Red Bulls are for real or not until they face off against Houston in early June.
1. LA Galaxy - 2-0-0 - Well LA simply has been unbeatable and have yet to give up a goal in 2010, they faced Chivas in the first leg of the SuperClasico and simply dominated from start to finish and ended up with the 2-0 win. We should know how good LA really is when they head to Houston this weekend.
Well those are my rankings and I am sure many will take issues with the high ranking given to KC, but time will tell if they can stay close to the top of my power rankings.
OFF MY SOAPBOX