Well with just one pick in tonight's SB Nation Mock MLS Draft I have a couple of choices but they really are limited by a couple of factors.
#14 isn't exactly a top pick and in the past few years it has given us:
- 2005 - Christian Jimenez (by Chivas USA) he ended up spending time with RSL but is no longer in MLS
- 2006 - Jeff Curtin (by the Chicago Fire) no longer in MLS
- 2007 - Fuad Ibrahim (by FC Dallas) waived by TFC at the end of 2010, not sure if he signed anywhere
- 2008 - David Horst (by RSL) taken in 2010 expansion draft by Portland, good kid but no impact in MLS yet.
- 2009 - George John (by FC Dallas) a impact player for Dallas in 2010
- 2010 - Austin da Luz (by New York Red Bulls) hasn't made an impact yet
The other factor impacting RSL's pick will be the lack of cap room, so if any Generation Adidas player is available expect them to be picked. RSL needs to finish deals with Will Johnson, Nick Rimando, and Nat Borchers.
So stay tuned to see who I will pick and why.
OFF MY SOAPBOX for now
With the #14 pick RSL selects Maryland Keeper Zac MacMath, he is GA so he costs nothing and Nick isn't getting younger. Let's a highly rated player come to a team to learn from one of the best in MLS and with the reserve league and Olympic qualifying he should get plenty of action.