Sorry I missed out on posting this earlier but the week is still young and there are still a good number of things to get in on.
REAL WEEK 2011" KICKS OFF MONDAY
Week of Events to Lead up to Saturday's Massive 2011 MLS Home Opener against the Los Angeles Galaxy
SANDY, Utah (Sunday, March 20, 2011) - Real Salt Lake is proud to announce the return of its annual "Real Week" celebration, featuring a full week of events leading up to the squad's 2011 MLS Home Opener this Saturday, March 26 against the Los Angeles Galaxy. The full Real Week 2011 schedule is as follows:
Tuesday - Claret-and-Cobalt Day
- Real Salt Lake will encourage all of its fans to wear their RSL gear out and about to show the growing support of RSL Nation. Fans can submit photos of themselves donning the Claret-and-Cobalt to RSL's Facebook page and will be encouraged to change their social media avatars to RSL-themed avatars.
Wednesday - Annual Supporter Summit / Street Team Canvassing
- Real Salt Lake will host its Third Annual Supporters Summit for all members of the club's Supporters Groups in the Rio Tinto Stadium Budweiser Club restaurant (2nd floor) from 6:00-7:30 p.m. MT. The evening events will feature and question-and-answer session with RSL General Manager Garth Lagerwey.
- Throughout the morning and afternoon, Real Salt Lake's Soccer Street Team will travel throughout the Salt Lake Valley, featuring jugglers, giveaways, and even a soccer therapist!
Thursday - Street Team Canvassing
- Once again, the RSL Soccer Street Team will mobilize throughout the Salt Lake area to entertain and spread the word of Saturday night's MLS Home Opener at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Friday - "Radio Blitz"
- No matter what type of music you listen to over the radio airwaves, you'll likely hear from a Real Salt Lake player on Friday, when the club's players, coaches will go on a "radio blitz" of six local stations. The RSL personalities will conduct interviews and promote giveaways and contests on ESPN 700, KBEE 98.7, KBER 101.1, X96, U92, and Mix 107.9 throughout the day; a detailed schedule of the appearances will be announced via RSL's Facebook and Twitter pages later in the week.
Saturday - Real Salt Lake v. L.A. Galaxy at Rio Tinto Stadium
- Real Week will culminate Saturday at 7:00 p.m. MT, when Real Salt Lake will play host to the Los Angeles Galaxy - featuring likely appearances from David Beckham and the newly-acquired Juan Pablo Angel - at Rio Tinto Stadium, where RSL has not dropped a match in its last 35 contests dating back to May of 2009. The evening of fun in Sandy will start two hours before kickoff at 5:00 p.m. MT with an extended version of the Carnival Real pre-game festival on the stadium's East Lawn, followed by the opening of gates at 6:00 p.m., when the first 10,000 fans through the gates will receive a 2011 RSL Magnet Schedule.
As you can see there are a number of things that you can do in order to get ready for Saturday's huge matchup between the 2009 MLS Cup finalists, and the teams that ended just 3 points apart in the race for the 2010 Supporters' Shield.
This should be a fun match, despite the fact that both sides will be missing a few key players, LA will be without Landon Donovan who is will be with the USMNT and they are still battling some injury issues. For Real Salt Lake they will be without Will Johnson (Canada), Alvaro Saborio (Costa Rica), and Arturo Alvarez (El Salvador), injuries may also impact a couple players as well.
OFF MY SOAPBOX