It is time for another "Real Week" around the Salt Lake Valley as RSL get ready for their 2012 home opener, and they have a full week of fun and activities planned for everyone, here is what is going on today (Monday)"
Monday, March 12
Real Salt Lake's Tony Beltran and Will Johnson will be on hand at Junior Achievement City at the Discovery Gateway (444 West 100 South) for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at the youth organization's revamped storefront. Fans are invited to attend the 1:00-2:30 p.m. MT appearance to meet the pair of RSL stalwarts and learn what Junior Achievement of Utah is all about. Fans planning on attending the event must RSVP online at http://www.realsaltlake.com/
- While at the Gateway, head on over to Z'Tejas (191 S. Rio Grande) and the live remote of ESPN700's "Bill Riley Show" between 2:00-6:00 p.m., when fans can grill the popular drivetime host and "Voice of RSL" on all topics Claret-and-Cobalt during Utah's #1-rated sports talk radio program.
- Real Salt Lake's street team will ramp up its productivity at the start of the workweek by crashing random offices across the Wasatch Front to deliver scarves to a lucky RSL fan and his or her office mates! To put your company in the running for an "RSL Office Drop-in," be on the lookout at Real Salt Lake's official Facebook page for a post prompting RSL Nation on why we should visit your workplace on Monday morning.
You can check out the rest of the weeks action after the jump:
Here is what is going on the rest of the week
Tuesday, March 13
- The RSL street team will play a game of "Hide-and-Seek" with fans on Tuesday, when they will "scarf the city" by placing RSL scarves at various landmarks across the Salt Lake valley. RSL will post Instagram photos of each location on its official Facebook Page, and from there it's finders keepers, with the first person to each locale winning the RSL scarf.
- Mascot Leo the Lion will give Real Salt Lake a presence at the Latinos in Action Northern Conference, taking place at the University of Utah (time TBD).
Wednesday, March 14
- The "RSL Office Drop-ins" will continue on Wednesday, with fans again being prompted to explain why RSL staffers should visit their workplace with RSL scarves in tow on RSL's Facebook page that morning.
- RSL Nation will have a chance to show off some of their own skills at the "Real Week Supporters Game," taking place at the United Soccer Center, located at 9100 South 500 West in Sandy (behind the BMI building) from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 15
- The game of "Scarf Hide-and-Seek" continues on Thursday, with fans again able to gain clues as to where to find the piece of RSL swag across the city on the club's official Facebook Page throughout the day.
- Mascot Leo the Lion will help some of RSL Nation's youngest members get ready for the season - and hit the books - when he heads to Redwood Elementary School in West Valley City (2650 South Redwood Road) to take part in a school assembly with the Utah Department of Public Safety at 1:45 p.m.
Friday, March 16
- All day long, fans are asked to wear their Claret-and-Cobalt to work and school in anticipation of bringing the Salt Lake valley - and all of Utah - to a fever pitch in anticipation of the next day's season opener against New York!
- RSL's Facebook fans are invited to an open practice at Rio Tinto Stadium - only those that RSVP through the "Real Week" tab at RSL's official Facebook Fan Page will be able to gain entrance to watch the Claret-and-Cobalt wrap up preparations for Saturday showdown against the Red Bulls. For practice times, fans can visit RealSaltLake.com on Monday morning for the full weekly training schedule.
- Close out your work week in style at the RSL Team Store's popular "Friday Friendly" event from 4:00-7:00 p.m., when fans can enjoy live music by DJ Sayo, free refreshments by Levy Restaurants, and fresh deals on RSL merchandise! The Friday Friendly will also mark the last opportunity for fans to enter the weeklong "Win a Dream Kit" contest, which began over the weekend. The ultimate of the 11 contest winners will receive a free personalized 2012 authentic RSL jersey.
Saturday, March 17
- RSL fans are urged to buck St. Patrick's Day tradition and "make red the new green" by wearing their claret gear all day long and to Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday in order to fill the stands with red against the Red Bulls.
- The festivities in Sandy will officially begin at 6:00 p.m. MT, when the Carnival Real pre-game festival will open to the public on Rio Tinto Stadium's East Lawn. Highlights of the Opening Night Carnival will include the announcement of the 11 "Win a Dream Kit" contest winners and KBULL's "Jello Jump" stunt.
- At 7:30 p.m., RSL supporters invite fans to join them at Rio Tinto's Stadium South East gate for the start of their "March around The RioT" on the stadium's concourse, leading the charge to be in the stands by the time warm-ups end on the field.
- Then at 8:00 p.m. it's time kickoff for Real Salt Lake's 2012 home opener against the New York Red Bulls, led by international superstar striker Thierry Henry. Tickets for this Saturday's contest in Sandy still remain, and fans are invited to browse the "Tickets" section of www.RealSaltLake.com to check out available seating options from single-game tickets to 2012 RSL Season Ticket plans.
So there you go a full week of fun activities to get you ready for the 2012 Real Salt Lake home opener, where we will see if we can keep TH14 in a bad mood.
OFF MY SOAPBOX