Real Salt Lake and San Jose Earthquakes meet again, this time at Rio Tinto Stadium — one side will be out for revenge, the other out to prove themselves, and that's sure to make for an exciting matchup. Or perhaps one that gets stuck in the midfield and never gets out of first gear.
Regardless, it'll be fun, and with the easing of injury and suspension concerns and all.
You got it right!
Surprisingly, a number of people actually got this one right. John Stertzer's starting in the midfield should have made that difficult, but it's almost like folks are expecting the unexpected now. That's fun.
So — do you think you can get it this week? We're here to offer some guidance.
- Javier Morales and Nick Rimando have both been training, and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise for both to start.
- Sebastian Jaime is probably not yet ready, with Jeff Cassar describing some frustration with how his injury recovery has progressed.
- Joao Plata has been running again, but he's definitely not going to play. (Really, we're just excited to talk about him again.)
- John Stertzer did pick up a single-game suspension for a pretty poor tackle against New England Revolution.
- Jamison Olave and Sebastian Saucedo both served their one-game suspensions and will be eligible for the match.
- Phanuel Kavita will probably not be available, as he played in last night's 1-0 Real Monarchs victory.