If you're trying to keep up with Real Salt Lake's developmental pipeline, it's not exactly the easiest thing — for one, there's no easy way to find the roster.
So let's start with that, then let's discuss who's gone, where they've gone, and what — if anything — we can expect next.
Real Monarchs roster
Goalkeepers: Christian Herrera, Eric Osswald
Defenders: John Caparelli, Emilio Orozco, Darion Copeland, Riley McGovern, Tyler Arnone
Midfielders: Alec Sundly, Lennon Celestino, Ricardo Velazco, Edgar Duran, Kevaughan Frater
Forwards: Andrew Brody, Colin Rolfe, Maikon Orellana, Etiandro Tavares
Let's do this in order of minutes played, because there are some at the end of the roster that you might not remember much about. Before we get started, a quick shoutout goes to irondeepbicycle, who you might know from the comments on this site or on the RSL subreddit. He's kept track of these players very well.
- Lucas Baldin — He's now playing in Venezuela for Deportivo Lara, and he's already scored a goal for them. He's set to play in Copa Sudamerica later this year, and that makes this a pretty interesting move for a young player. If RSL retains his rights — they did draft him, after all — then it'll be interesting to see if he returns at some point. He could be very good.
- Emery Welshman — He plays for Real Salt Lake now, but don't be surprised if he's an occasional appearance-maker for Real Monarchs.
- Max Rauhofer — The goalscorer (and red-card-getter) extraordinaire Rauhofer is no longer at Real Monarchs. Instead, he's at Institución Atlética Sud América in Uruguay.
- Jordan Murrell — Went to Pittsburgh Riverhounds. RSL may retain his rights, as with Baldin, as they drafted him.
- Garrett Losee — First, he went to Syracuse Silver Knights to play indoor soccer, then he went on trial with Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
- Coco Navarro — He's not listed with the team, and it appears he's somewhere with a horse, according to his last public Facebook post — which was this month. Scintillating details, as usual, come from RSL Soapbox.
- Leon Brown — He's not with Real Monarchs, and he issued a bit of a goodbye to the team and organization two or so months ago. He seemed very nice.
- Marvin Baumgartner — The Swiss-El Salvadoran youngster is somewhere, but it's not Salt Lake City. Unless it is.
And there you have it — departures and the like. So who's new?
- Christian Herrera — Signed late-ish last year, former RSL-AZ academy player. He's the really tall goalkeeper.
- Jonathan Caparelli — He went on trial with the team last year and signed ahead of the 2016 season. He's a former Chivas USA academy prospect.
- Andrew Brody — Another former RSL-AZ academy kid, Brody is a neat winger who played at Louisville for a couple years.
- Colin Rolfe — A Houston Dynamo draft pick in 2012, Rolfe never played while he was there. He played the last two years at Rochester Rhinos.
- Kevaughan Frater — A 21-year-old Jamaican who just came to Monarchs on loan for a year from Harbour View. He played at the MLS Combine and has been called up to the Jamaican National Team.