Real Salt Lake’s last home match of the regular season — although hopefully not of 2016 — comes against one of those opponents you just love to hate: Sporting Kansas City.
And although it’s a Sunday game, it’s not a nationally broadcast one — because really, who would expect a match between these two to be interesting at all? Here’s everything you need to know to get your eyes on this one if you can’t make it to the stadium.
How to watch
- Where: Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
- When: 3 p.m. Mountain Daylight
- Local TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
- Live stream: MLS Live
- Radio, English: ESPN 700 AM (6:30 p.m. pre-game)
- Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM / 1600 AM
- Aaron Maund is out, but he’s returned to training, if he’s to be believed on the internet.
- Emery Welshman’s absence continues, inevitably.
- Jeff Attinella is out with an elbow injury, leaving Lalo Fernandez on the bench again.
- Yura Movsisyan is listed as probable, but he insisted on the radio that he’ll be playing through the pain of a heel injury.
- Jamison Olave or Chris Schuler? RSL coach Jeff Cassar insists it’s a battle, but lineup decisions in the past have made this one a pretty simple guess on Olave’s side. He’s officially played in half the 34 matches this season, and two remain. Schuler, on the other hand, has played in one (and a sliver of another) since rejoining the club in July.
- Other lineup news is hard to come by this week, with the club battening down the hatches with two tricky ties left in the season and the playoffs still very much hanging in the balance. With a long gap between matches (a bye week this late in the season? Thanks, FIFA dates.)
RSL XI: Rimando; Beltran, Schuler, Glad, Phillips; Beckerman, Sunny, Morales; Martinez, Movsisyan, Allen