Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed. We'll start with Real's news.
- In case you hadn't heard... RSL bought out Movsisyan's contract from Spartak Moscow. It received a LOT of coverage on the RSL site, (and of course we mentioned it on the Soapbox); read more from the SLTrib, Deseret News, Goal.com, NBC Sports, MLS, and Soccer America.
- Want to improve your career possibilities? Have you considered being a Referee?
- There were no real positives in the last home game; but some players still have hope.
- Could Wayne Rooney make the jump to MLS?
- General MLS update featuring Minnesota & RSL's future, as well as Bob Bradley at Swansea.
- ESPN article on integration of foreign players into MLS teams (fairly long to read, but quite good).
- An apparent battle of the EGO's is at large in Montreal.
- Possible trouble for FC Dallas as Diaz out with achilles tear.
- Playoff clinching scenarios for the final day, and current Playoff Matchups.
International / Other News
- Evidently Klinsman doesn't like the proposed CONCACAF changes. He also defended himself against Bob Bradley's comments from last week.
- Could CONCACAF (or whatever it will eventually be called) do a Double Hex for World Cup qualifying?
- Abby Wambach is rather critical of Klinsman's choices of players.
- Want to go to the US vs Mexico hex game next month? Too late - it's sold out.
- US tie New Zeland in a somewhat lopsided match. Or you can read MLS's brief recap, and their '3 things' about the match; then of course there's the Goal.com version, the SBI take, and a blurb from the Bleacher Report, and what we learned in the game from NBC Sports.
- 2026 World Cup bid for US odds increased by FIFA ruling out Asia and Europe.
Video Clip Of The Week:
- Insane Goalkeeper Drill - 4 GK's one mini-trampoline.