Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed. We'll start with Real's news.
- Team Exit Interviews:
- Tony Beltran - felt this year was worse than last.
- Yura Movsisyan - plans to take four week off to heal his heel.
- Kyle Beckerman - was rather evasive regarding his preference for coaching change (edited out) of the official clip.
- Nick Rimando - spoke highly of Justin Glad.
- Joao Plata - in Spanish.
- Chris Wingert - is hopeful for returning next year.
- Aaron Maund - is close to being fully healed.
- But the real bombshell came on Thursday. If you haven't heard this before now you've probably been avoiding all media due to the Election. If you're ready to rejoin the soccer community it was covered by nearly everyone: SL Tribune, Deseret News, Goal.com, Soccer by Ives, MLS, Soccer America, Sporting News, ESPN, and plenty of positive comments on Reddit/r/MLS, plus our own Soapbox coverage of course.
- Team Beckham reaches a milestone - 1,000 days since they announced the new team. Is it time for MLS to pull the plug? New estimate is for 2019.
- 2016 Generation Adidas Graduates. Some teams may have to rethink who to protect for the Expansion Draft.
- Is a first round bye in the playoffs really an advantage? After the higher seeds all bombed in the first game many want change.
- Portland looking at expanding stadium by 4,000 seats, and Columbus is taking first steps toward a new stadium.
- Frank Lampard is evidently enjoying MLS / NYC, wants to coach eventually.
- Sounders will let Schmetzer remain as head coach.
- Bob Bradley still winless at Swansea.
- Timetable for completion of two 2018 Russia World Cup stadiums have been pushed back - to sometime in 2018!
- Mexico is pushing ahead for plans to host the 2026 World Cup - with or without US.
- Bolivia forced to forfeit 2 World Cup qualifiers for fielding ineligible player.