Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- Anyone want to swap one Morales for another? Yeah, I didn't think so...
- Preseason starts in roughly 2 months, and things at RSL are hectic.
- David Villa named MLS MVP for 2017.
- Ranking the last 20 MLS cups - #20-#16, #15-#11, #10-#6, #5-#1 (if you want to skip the rest, RSL came in at 6 & 7)
- Waiver Draft 101.
- NYCFC shopping Mix Diskerud around, and former Rapid Jermaine Jones is in talks with the Galaxy.
- Donovan fades into the woodwork again.
- Video Assistant Referee system will be tested during 2017 MLS Season.
- LAFC has already picked their USL affiliate, while the Impact close FC Montreal and partner with Ottawa Fury.
- Tampa Bay Rowdies have entering the crazy MLS Expansion race. SBI covers three of the latest entries, and here's a rundown of the growing list of MLS Expansion markets.
- Feel up to reading a recap of Don Garber's State of the MLS address?
- For those who stopped watching the playoffs after RSL exited, Seattle won their first title after beating Toronto after penalty kicks, in what at least one writer called just another 'forgettable game'.
- Sean Johnson traded to Atlanta, then to NYCFC in a quick 3-team trade. Atlanta picked up quite a few players in trades on Sunday, and are rumored to be bringing Brad Guzan back to the states. Here's all the trades from Sunday.
US Soccer News
- New York Cosmos cease operations (again...), players released and owners are negotiating sale, but the former Coach is working on a personal project. NASL's fate hangs in the balance, how did we get to this point?
- Who gets Second Division Status is delayed, but USL is 99.99% likely, and several NASL teams appear to be making the jump to USL.
- The case in favor of High School Soccer in the US (an interview with USWNT player Laura Kerrigan).
- Sepp Blatter's appeal denied by Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- Chapecoense officially awarded Copa Sudamerica title after crash. A fan penned The Missed Save in their memory.
- Yet another 48-team World Cup expansion proposal.
Videos of the Week
How about bloopers from Germany.
- Or a blooper-worthy miss on an open goal from Greece?