Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- Sebastian "Bofo" Saucedo scored a brace in the U-20 USMNT 4-0 rout of Costa Rica.
- Minnesota breaks frozen ground on their stadium.
- Rumor - USMNT player Terrance Boyd linked to NYRB.
- 2016 MLS Cup set record for TV viewers.
- Complete Expansion Draft results.
- Galaxy choose Onalfo as coach, and pick up Jermaine Jones as well. The real question remains - will they remain a western powerhouse?
- Why MLS has the best off-season in sports.
- Pablo Mastroeni gets new contract with Rapids.
- Initial list of invitees to the 2017 Player Combine.
- DC United will apparently join the list of MLS teams with a USL 2nd team slated for 2018.
- With time running out on Beckham's Miami team, the new rumor is he may switch to Las Vegas (another Rocky Mountain Cup rival?).
- MLS announces timeline and process for new expansion team candidates. One side-effect of expansion is loosening of spending restrictions (TAM anyone?)
US Soccer News
- USMNT player Greg Garza interested in move to MLS for 2017, former LA player Juninho also wants to return to the states.
- Cosmos chair O'Brien first seems to blame NASL for team shutting down, then recants. Insists teams isn't in debt, but rumors of potential buyers are being floated, and why you shouldn't put too much faith in them.
- A second NASL team terminates player contracts. The league is hoping for an 8-10 team schedule for 2017 (perhaps a bit optimistic?)
- USMNT to face Serbia in Arena's first match as Coach.
- CONCACAF champions Club America bounced by Real Madrid in semis at Club World Cup.
- Video Replay used in an "Official FIFA Event" for first time in Club World Cup match.
- Ronaldo claims fourth FIFA Ballon D'Or.
- European clubs call for FIFA not to expand World Cup beyond 32 teams.
Videos of the Week
5 cards in 12 seconds