Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- RSL "scouring the globe" for new impact players
- Preseason Schedule announced - a lot of traveling!
- Staff changes announced - new Director of Physical Performance brought in from University of Washington.
- Former RSL player Will Johnson could be the 5th player to win the MLS Cup with 3 different teams.
- Expansion Draft 101.
- Former Orlando coach Adrian Heath has been tabbed to lead Minnesota United for their inaugural season, and make their first two player signings.
- Pete Vermes gets contract extension with Kansas City.
- MLS Teams making roster moves: NER, NYRB, NYCFC, CLB and HOU. Any names RSL should be interested in?
- LA get a new General Manager, now on to that vacant coaching position...
- Jermaine Jones is out of contract, any takers? Goal.com has some suggestions.
- Alan Kelly will be the MLS Cup Referee.
- MLS and Canada create Canadian Youth Development Program.
- Cincinnati appears to have jumped up on the future Expansion List.
- If you stopped watching MLS after RSL was knocked out, Toronto beat Montreal and will host Seattle for the MLS Cup.
US Soccer News
- Seems like every week there's another NASL story, and this week looks big. First we start with a report that the Cosmos are on the verge of collapse (again), the Cosmos are of course denying they're shutting down. The NASL Board of Governors is meeting this week - with some interesting guests in attendance.
- USL is expanding rapidly all over the country, some ask "What's Next"?
- US U-17 boys trounced Portugal 7-1 behind a Josh Sargent hat trick.
- Brad Guzan interested in returning to MLS. Expansion teams Atlanta and Minnesota will hold top two allocation positions; the MLS website gave their opinions on which teams he fit best.
- Charter plane carrying a Brazilian D1 team crashed 71 dead, 6 survivors. They were on the verge of their best week in club history. Other Brazilian teams also make a generous request of the league.
- Predicting Bruce Arena's January USMNT camp. He has identified one need - Playmakers, as well as where to play Michael Bradley.
Video of the Week
Chapecoense Soccer Club tribute. This is how they would want to be remembered.