Real Salt Lakes takes on defending MLS Cup winners Portland Timbers today, and it's certain to be an exciting, engaging match.
Coming directly off that 2-1 win over Seattle with that late goal that made us drool, RSL certainly has momentum on their side — which doesn't mention the CCL build-up that pushed the team's preparations into overdrive to start the season.
Portland, on the other hand, lost 2-1 to San Jose Earthquakes in their last match, and they'll be looking for a bit of a snap back into form.
How to watch
Time: 8:30 p.m. Mountain Daylight, 7:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight
Where: Providence Park; Portland, Oregon
Live stream: MLS Live (subscription)
TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
Radio, English: 105.1 FM (not ESPN 700)
Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM / 1600 AM
Injury and absence news
- Javier Morales has been in full training for most of the week after missing last week's 2-1 win over Seattle Sounders
- Jamison Olave didn't train fully on Thursday, but he did travel to Portland — but he's unlikely to start, giving Justen Glad his first starting chance of 2016
- Demar Phillips returns to availability after a 25th minute red card against Orlando City SC two weeks ago, but smart money is on Chris Wingert retaining his starting position
- Olmes Garcia has sustained a sprained ankle and hasn't been in full training this week, potentially leaving a bench position open
- Potential substitutes Boyd Okwuonu is out with a concussion and Phanuel Kavita is out with an MCL injury