The U.S. Men's National Team squares off against Guatemala in a must-win match — and by must-win, it's the sort of match that losing could mean dropping out of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
How to watch
- Location: Mapfre Stadium; Columbus, Ohio
- TV: ESPN 2, UniMas, UDN
- Streaming: WatchESPN
- Kickoff time: 7 p.m. Eastern; 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight
- What lineup changes could we see? Stars and Stripes FC, one of our sister SB Nation blogs, has some projections. No, Kyle Beckerman didn't make it.
- Landon Donovan talked about how U.S. players are suffering from a lack of confidence. Stars and Stripes covered that.
- The U.S. is standing on the precipice of missing the World Cup, SB Nation's Luke Zimmerman says.
- Matt Doyle, MLS's Armchair Analyst, breaks down why exactly that's the case. A loss could send them spiraling.
- Jurgen Klinsmann says he's not playing anyone out of position. SB Nation's Conor Dowley disagrees.
- Will Kyle Beckerman start, or even appear? If not, has he lost his place as a U.S. starter for good? Is there any reason he should start?
- Does Jurgen Klinsmann deserve to keep his job? Will Jason Kreis be the heir apparent, as we all predicted in 2011?