Real Salt Lake, having won only one match in their last five matches, tonight faces Vancouver Whitecaps, a team in roughly the same shape.
But the visitors will be without the services of their captain, Kyle Beckerman, and their bench is looking increasingly thin through injury.
How to watch
Where: BC Place
When: 8:30 p.m. Mountain Daylight, 7:30 p.m. Pacific
Local TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
Live stream: MLS Live
Radio, English: ESPN700, espn700sports.com
Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM / 1600 AM
- Tony Beltran returns after a yellow-card accumulation suspension.
- Kyle Beckerman, however is out through that some process. If you have any idea exactly how many of his yellow cards were given for dissent, please comment below.
- Sunny remains out after suffering a facial fracture — he underwent successful surgery and will be out an estimated six to eight weeks.
- Emery Welshman remains out because of a hip flexor injury. He recently underwent surgery and will undergo another surgery in about six weeks.
- Jamison Olave is out with a calf strain.
- Joao Plata is listed as questionable for the match through a quad strain. If Jordan Allen is fit, expect him to start — but Olmes Garcia could get a shout, too.
- Danilo Acosta, too, is questionable with a knee issue.
- Demar Phillips is probable, but expect Chris Wingert to start in his stead.
RSL XI: Rimando; Beltran, Maund, Glad, Wingert; Mulholland, Stertzer, Morales; Martinez, Movsisyan, Allen
Bench: Jeff Attinella, Boyd Okwuonu, Phanuel Kavita, Demar Phillips, Omar Holness, Olmes Garcia
I was watching from the bench and saw that it was just so flat and I was splashing water on my face trying my best to wake up, because I there were times where I was like disinterested in them. I don't know, that's been how it is for a few weeks, even the games we win at home. I think for the first five games or whatever, you guys saw them, it was games where we only just won by one goal and game two you start to look into the second half, so I believe it's something that we need to address.
— Luke Mulholland on Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Montreal Impact