Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- New RSL license plates have started to arrive!! I got mine (only one I've seen in SW Utah so far).
- (pseudo RSL related...), Will Johnson excited to work with Jason Kreis again.
- Update on negotiation progress with Donovan and Silva. Here's a related interview Craig Weibel did with FourFourTwo.
- Who was RSL’s Best Player? (Reddit discussion, feel free to join in!)
- Here's an observer's view of the Draft; and all of the draft picks by team in one place.
- Yet another veteran retires: Hercules Gomez, most recently with the Sounders will become an ESPN on air analyst.
- Montreal's Bernier intends to retire after 2017 season.
- LAFC to start Coach, & GM search, as well as player recruitment in earnest this year, may be starting with signing Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez..
- The sad state of MLS coverage in newspapers (Tribune's Chris Kamrani isn't MLS specific, but does a great job reporting for RSL!).
- What the Dax McCarty trade means for NYRB and Chicago.
- Technology use in sports had a spotlight in the CES convention in Las Vegas. For those worrying about the Chargers sharing a stadium with the Galaxy, here's a different take on it.
- Galaxy finally sign Jermaine Jones as a key piece, but club Pres. indicates they want to get younger.
- St. Louis stadium proposal returns with new plan, want state to contribute land. A Tuesday meeting will decide fate.
- Is there a racial bias in MLS refereeing?
- David Villa likes MSL without Pro/Rel.
- Kaka wants to stay in Orlando.
- "Backroom Deals" alleged in new Revolution stadium discussions.
- Top Drawer Soccer ranked the MLS Team Academies - how high does RSL rate?
- Fox sports grades the coaches for 2017.
US Soccer News
- USWNT players still willing to go on strike, currently training without CBA while negotiations continue. They want a deal done by March 1st.
- Dax McCarty is spending his honeymoon with the USMNT, just before he was traded to Chicago.
- US international Jonathan Spector may be heading to Orlando.
- NWSL Women continue European migration as Heather O'Reilly slated to sign with Arsenal Ladies team.
- Bob Bradley interview on his options for the future.
- Dom Dwyer will apparently be eligible for US Citizenship in February. Will a USMNT callup be in the future?
- NASL to start season on March 25th.
- As predicted, the Chinese Superleague's spending spree is coming to an end. New restrictions reduce the foreign player quota, and "irrational spending".
- Italian superclub Juventus is rebranding - minimalist style.
- CONMEBOL and CONCACAF leaders discussing making Pan-American tourney a permanent fixture, merger has not been on the table.
- FIFA putting out feelers on new rule changes - Orange cards to everyone!
- Steven Gerrard watch is over, he's gone back to Liverpool to be an academy coach.
- Wayne Rooney scored his 250th goal for Manchester United to set new club record.
- New documentary examines plight of World Cup venue workers in Qatar.
Videos of the Week
(sorry, embed not available on these two).
- Yura Movsisyan interview with ESPN
- Dog and Cat interrupt Mexican game