Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- One RSL teen appears on an MLS list of young players who deserve playing time.
- Jordan Allen spotlighted by MLS.
- MLS piece on RSL's roster moves.
- Former RSL striker Robbie Findley on trial with Red Bulls.
- Rimando boosted his chances on the USMNT with shutout.
- San Diego jumps into the MLS Expansion race with a stadium plan; St. Louis plan gets a lifeline, Nashville's stadium plan is backed by the Mayor, while Charlotte's plan is in limbo. Phoenix has now entered the expansion race as well.
- Freddy Adu training with Portland in Arizona. Perhaps a return to MLS is in the cards?
- Colorado signs free agent Alan Gordon, and a midfielder from Manchester City.
- Roster Breakdown for all 22 teams from FourFourTwo.
- Expansion news - Charlotte has unveiled their stadium plan, San Diego's plan part of $1 Billion development, while St. Louis plans are going down to the wire.
- Clint Dempsey back in training with the Sounders.
- Brad Guzan will join Atlanta when UK season ends.
- Rumor confirmed - US International Jonathan Spector signs with Orlando, they also picked up Josh Saunders from NYCFC, and before being hired Jason Kreis apparently nearly quit coaching after getting the axe from NYCFC.
- Giovinco turned down huge offer from China.
- Possible battle between LA teams for Chicharito?
- 2017 All Star Game to be played in Chicago at Soldier Field (opponent TBA).
- Portland fan painting team as tribute.
- Minnesota pick up Kevin Molino for boatload of Garber Bucks.
- David Villa hopeful about NYCFC for 2017.
- The ‘Quakes Avaya Stadium selected for the hex game vs Honduras.
- USMNT tied Serbia in a friendly match. Here’s the highlights, analysis, and recap from MLS. Player ratings from SoccerAmerica, Empire of Soccer, MLS,
US Soccer News
- Several of the Cosmos' players have started to return, including reacquiring some that had signed with other teams.
- Three players have left the USMNT January camp, two with injury, Jorge Villafana called in as replacement.
- SBI's opinion the new CCL format, while FourFourTwo believes it will show MLS' progress.
- NWSL team Sky Blue FC (New Jersey) have announced open tryouts.
- Story of how Foursquare founder started his own NPSL team (Kingston Stockade).
- US International wunderkid Christian Pulisic signs new deal with Borussia Dortmund, while Terrence Boyd joins SV Darmstadt.
- The discussion that won't die - Peter Wilt once again pushes for Pro/Rel; Bayern Munich coach believes the lack is hurting MLS.
- USMNT Goalkeeper position in flux right now.
- A FIFA report shows Chinese soccer clubs spent over $450 million on players in 2016.
Videos of the Week
Self Assisted Free Kick
Second Fastest GK red card in Bundesliga History - 131 seconds (92 seconds is the record)