Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- Mentioned on the RSL Show podcast, we're apparently one of several teams in the running for Darwin Quintero, a Colombian playing with Club America.
- Soccer By Ives is doing their rundown of "State of the Team"; here's their entry for RSL.
- Update on the Herriman complex (and other items...)
- (return from last week) Soccer America's Annual Positional Rankings: Wingers, Strikers, Midfield, Central Defense, R/L Back, Goalkeeper
- Houston get Torres back from Cruz Azul.
- Las Vegas reexamines plans for MLS expansion.
- The MLS Player Combine started yesterday, here's a primer from MLS.
- The list of veteran retirees grows longer - 14 year vet. Mike Magee announced his on Wednesday.
- 2017 Generation Adidas class announced, and was quickly followed by the first of many Mock Drafts (this one by Soccer by Ives), and here's MLS's own version.
- In a fitting tribute, Orlando FC dedicated 49 rainbow colored seats in their new stadium to the victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting.
- With the Superdraft coming up this week, here's a what's become of all the #1 picks; and 8 of the best picks in superdraft history, the biggest busts (RSL tops the list!), and here's the MLS best picks from every team.
- Atlanta's stadium will open on July 30th (apparently they know more about the MLS schedule than we do...).
US Soccer News
- As expected, the new Missouri governor threw huge roadblock for St. Louis' expansion plans, stating there will be NO state funding for stadiums.
- Some very Bold Predictions for the USMNT. How accurate do you think they'll be?
- NASL 'optimistic' about surviving 2016, and remaining Division 2 with new vision for the future - including the Cosmos (confirmed for 2017). Also looking at adding Atlanta for expansion.
- Grant Wahl from Sports Illustrated makes his Bold Predictions for world soccer in 2017.
- USMNT will play Jamaica in February friendly at Chattanooga. Kickoff at 5 PM MT, and will be broadcast on FS1.
- Bruce Arena brought quite a few of his Galaxy staff with him, how much will that affect LA for 2017?
- New option for Beckham's woes? Tampa Bay Rowdies reach out to Beckham for potential partnership.
- USMNT and USWNT announce January Camp picks. Who has the most to gain among the USMNT picks?
- The NWSL champions Western NY Flash are relocating to North Carolina.
- US Soccer finally makes a decision on Division 2 & 3, both and neither. USL appeased, NASL get reprieve.
- Some suggestions for Soccer Commentators.
- FIFA internal staff problems continue, mediators called in.
- Chinese teams have been offering piles of cash for players, now it appears that may be ending.
- Bob Bradley apparently has two options for his next coaching job.
- FIFA wins legal challenge over Qatar pick; poised to make decision on World Cup expansion this week.
- FIFA has proposed merging (Spanish) CONCACAF and CONMEBOL for World Cup Qualifying (English).
Videos of the Week
Finally compiled (not by me...), the 100 Best Goals of 2016