Each Monday we'll give you links to RSL, MLS and other Soccer news from the past week that you may have missed.
- Luis Silva's return to RSL was profiled by MLS.
- Kyle Beckerman excited about team's outlook for 2017.
- Final notes on the Donovan to RSL saga.
- SL Tribune piece on RSL moving on without Javi.
- Yura Movsisyan glad to be back in SLC.
- 2017 Jerseys - This link will remain until all teams have released their new kits.
- Expansion News: Detroit has settled on a site for their stadium, while St. Louis' plans will go to April vote. Phoenix sign Mexican star Omar Bravo for 2017. Does MLS still need team Beckham?
- Player News: Yet another player sidelined with heart trouble; Freddie Adu not in Portland's cards. Chicago lose Polster for 7 weeks. McCarty finally speaks out about his trade from NYRB. Philadelphia's Yaro out 3-4 months with shoulder injury. Beasley back with Houston for one more season.
- Video Assistant Referee system to continue testing during preseason tournaments.
- Did Garber let slip that MLS was rigged? Later on he also talked about Referees and VAR. Retired veteran ref Howard Webb to head the VAR program.
- Man caught raiding Portland's stadium for junk food.
- The 50 greatest Goalkeepers in MLS History, and the 31 most influential people in Soccer (in the US that is...).
- NYCFC announce affiliation with San Antonio FC.
US Soccer News
- Predicting the USMNT lineup for the March Hex qualifiers (hint, it involves Rimando), and Bruce Arena confirmed that Rimando is still very much in the picture. Meanwhile, the USMNT dropped one place in the FIFA rankings. Prediction on how the Hex may play out.
- NASL schedule released, and a story on why Rocco Commisso saved the Cosmos.
- Minneapolis FC (NPSL) disqualified from US Open Cup for changing leagues.
- United Women's Soccer (League that RSL Women play in) will expand creating new Midwest conference for 2nd season, add one more to Eastern.
- Sunil Gulati discusses Pro/Rel with Sports Illustrated. He later discussed the impact a travel ban could impact the US hosting the WC 2026.
- Flowchart by Sports Illustrated showing Player Acquisition process.
- Long term expansion possibilities for USL, NASL, MLS and Canada.
- USMNT vet Eric Wynalda to coach UPSL's LA Wolves.
- British Parliament passed a motion of no confidence in the English Football Association.
- Last year's EPL champs Leicester are now relegation bound. Defense largely to blame.
- UEFA wants 16 spots in expanded 48 team World Cup, and want them separated in first round.
- Diego Maradona will become FIFA ambassador.
Videos of the Week
Portland vs RSL highlights
Gif of Plata's goal
Bad shot becomes great assist