Each Monday, Wednesday and Friday I’ll run down news stories you may have missed.
- RSL places 2nd in the Rose City Invitational pre-season tournament (wikipedia link, can’t find an ‘official table’ anywhere else).
- RSL players (and Academy alums) showing well at U-20 camp.
- MLS spotlights the new RSL jersey (let’s just say the comments are not very complimentary), here’s the comments on the RSL subreddit, as well as the main MLS Reddit comments.
- Clint Dempsey is medically cleared to resume play.
- Top 30 Soccer Markets (RSL is higher than you may think!)
- Montreal moving on after Drogba’s departure.
- New DC stadium gets a high profile sponsor, and announced groundbreaking date.
- LA Galaxy could be without two regular starters when season starts.
- Chicago Fire announce affiliation with USL team Tulsa Roughnecks. They also signed a retired defender as an Asst. Coach.
- 2017 could be the ‘Year of the Homegrown’.
- VAR was a deciding factor in yet another preseason match.
- Rapids secondary kit revealed.
- Red Bulls part with their sporting director.
- New England and Minnesota trade players.
- FourFourTwo lists - Eastern Conf. and Western Conf. most valuable players by team.
US Soccer News
- The rumors are true... the new USMNT jersey is very red.
- Carli Lloyd heading to England to play for Manchester City Women.
- NASL still has asperations of greatness.
- UEFA Champion’s League - Arsenal fell apart against Bayern Munich.
- President Obama gets an invite from a Bundesliga team.
- Arsenal sticking with Wenger (at least until end of season...).
- FIFA pres. believes 2026 WC could be held jointly by up to 4 countries.