Real Salt Lake takes on a struggling LA Galaxy tonight, and it's a match fraught with worry — worries over fitness, preparation and coaching
How to watch
- Where: Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
- When: 7:30 p.m. Mountain
- Local TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
- Live stream: MLS Live
- Radio, English: ESPN 700 AM
- Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM / 1600 AM
- Aaron Maund could play, but it also sounds like he could be held out until he’s at full fitness.
- Chris Schuler has been training fully, so he sounds like he’d be eligible for a start. He’s a bit different from Maund in that regard, given he missed only the one match.
- David Horst could be out, as he’s suffering from some sort of knee concern — but he also didn’t make the injury report from the club, so it seems likely he starts anyway.
- Justen Glad’s still out with knee or ligament concerns, which makes me not very happy at all.
- Joao Plata is almost definitely out with a hip contusion — that’s kept him out for two games if he doesn’t play.
- Jordan Allen’s quad strain saw him not training fully in mid-week, so again, don’t expect him to start, either.
LA Galaxy absences
- Ashley Cole, Robbie Rogers, Gyasi Zardes, and Giovani dos Santos are out with injury[
- Jelle van Damme is out through suspension after receiving two controversial yellow cards
Rimando; Beltran, Schuler, Horst, Phillips; Beckerman, Mulholland; Lennon, Rusnak, Velazco; Movsisyan
Bench: Van Oekel, Acosta, Wingert, Holness, Sunny, Saucedo, Barrett
- RSL vs. LA Galaxy preview: Injuries provide slow start for both teams
- RSL vs. LA Galaxy tactical preview: Overcoming early struggles
- RSL vs. LA Galaxy scouting report: European core defines new-look LA
- How Real Salt Lake can beat LA Galaxy
- RSL vs LA Galaxy: What we’re watching
- RSL vs. LA Galaxy: Predict the match
- RSL going young in attack against LA, Cassar tells Trib