For those few RSL fans who may have been out of town, perhaps camping in the nether reaches of Utah - avoiding all media after last Saturday’s game; you missed the big news that broke on Monday. While we at the Soapbox all figured he’d get 1-2 more games before “Decision Day”, the front office pulled the trigger.
- A smattering of coverage of #CassarOut from the media - (TLDR version, most of them just say the same things): Salt Lake Tribune, Goal.com, NBC Sports, The Score, Soccer By Ives, Empire of Soccer, USA Today, Football Premium, Soccer America, ESPN (and again),
- You can also join in on the #CassarOut discussion threads: Big Soccer #1, Big Soccer #2, Reddit MLS, Reddit RSL
- Can RSL turn things around?
- Vote Nick Rimando for Save of the Week!
- MLS “What you missed” for week 3, and What We Learned from World Soccer Talk.
- Want a look at the Referee stats from PRO?
- Something for fans to be upset over. VAR will be used in MLS - BUT only in select games, not the full league.
- Manchester United’s Schweinstiger headed to Chicago for 1 year deal.
- LA’s Onalfo could mirror Cassar’s fate.
- USMNT in critical condition going into Hex.
- Several must win games for CONCACAF teams.
- African referee banned for life by FIFA.
- Copa America coming back to USA for 2020?
- Brazilian goalie convicted of brutal murder.
- Brawl between parents at youth game in Spain.
MLS Instant Reply with Simon Borg (short bit on RSLvLAG around 6:15)