Welcome back to RSL Soapbox, the eye of the storm for all your RSL news!
- Here’s Fox Sports suggestions for RSL’s new coach, and Soccer by Ives version.
- ESPN notes that Cassar was fired due “inability to adapt” during games.
- As you may have read here on the Soapbox, or elsewhere; RSL will play Manchester United on July 17th. Want to voice your opinion on it?
- RSL accounts for two of the fastest coach firings for a season.
- Player grades from RSLvLAG (from a LAG perspective).
- Soccer America opines that picking the next coach could be the most important decision for RSL in the last decade.
- St. Louis stadium plan goes to public vote next month, and they just sweetened the pot. Detroit is going all-in for their chosen site, North Carolina still searching for theirs.
- Fox Sports is against Chicago Fire bringing in Schweinsteiger; the deal apparently is 1 year trial for $4.5 million.
- Week 4 referee assignments from PRO.
- The Best and Worst from week 3.
- Chris Wondolowski joining USMNT as injury replacement. Here’s the first of the inevitable lineup predictions that will follow in the next few days; and aren’t you glad we’re not on the East Coast?
- Is the USMNT January Camp unfair to MLS players?
- 5 key issues that led to Jurgen Klinsman getting fired.
- NY Cosmos new owner speaks out about state of Soccer in the US.
- Manchester United fans react to Schweinsteiger leaving.
- Yet another bribery scandal hits South Africa.
USMNT start training in San Jose.