How to watch
- Where: Toyota Stadium; Frisco, Texas
- When: 6 p.m. Mountain, 7 p.m. Central
- Local TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
- Live stream: MLS Live
- Radio, English: ESPN 700 AM (6:30 p.m. pre-game)
- Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM
- As expected, Sunny is out — but not for that suspension he was given for yellow card accumulation. Instead, he was given a suspension by the MLS Disciplinary Committee for the very same tackle and his yellow card was lifted.
- For that reason, expect Kyle Beckerman to start alongside Luke Mulholland. That should be fine, given he didn’t play against Philadelphia through suspension and only player 73 minutes against Houston. Mulholland didn’t play against Houston, but did play 90 against Philadelphia.
- Luis Silva is out through wedding — which is something he planned while at Tigres to account for the Liga MX offseason. Good for him, perhaps slightly unfortunate for us — although it’s not as if he’s been scoring by the bucketload. This will be the first match he’ll have missed completely in 2017, surprisingly.
- Expect some rotation at the back, as three matches in a short period may be too much for one of Chris Schuler and Aaron Maund, both of whom have had injury troubles this season.
- Maybe that means we see a back line of Chris Wingert and Justin Schmidt, neither of whom you’d have wanted to play 10 matches in the first 16 games of the season, given both were supposed to have been depth players.