I’m back! Thanks to chief Editor Matt for filling in while in was up in Sandy to attend the RSL vs Orlando loss. At least my kids loved the fireworks! So let’s get to the weekend’s news items...
- MLS recap of the RSL vs Orlando match, and here’s the stats breakdown from Who Scored. Soccer by Ives gives credit to Joe Bendik for Orlando’s win.
- Seeing positives from the loss?
- U-16 and U-18’s have both qualified for the US Developmental Academy quarterfinals.
- Who would be on each team’s Mount Rushmore.
- Does MLS have a lack of personality problem with it’s coaches?
- All we need is a warm body (from the satire files).
- Another late goal decides California Classico.
- Brek Shea prefers being with Vancouver over Orlando.
Other US Leagues
- NASL coming to San Diego in shadow of MLS floundering bid.
- FC Cincinnati clearly stating their claim for MLS expansion with USOC win over Chicago.
- The 25 best coaches in the US, and best 11 former players turned coach.
- USMNT beat Ghana in Gold Cup tuneup. Here’s some takeaways from the US win.
- Germany won the Confederations Cup with relative ease, while Portugal needed extra time to take 3rd from Mexico.
- Canada’s Christine Sinclair has been awarded the Order of Canada as the greatest Canadian footballer (thus far anyway).
- FIFA admits extra doping tests were performed on Russian World Cup ‘14 athletes.
- After the World Cup ‘18 & ‘22 corruption report was leaked to a German newspaper last week, FIFA finally decided to release it to the public.
- It’s looking likely that VAR will be used at World Cup Russia ‘18.
- After 492 appearances, Chelsea’s John Terry is moving on to Aston Villa FC.
- Bicycle kick goal in the NWSL.