- Ever wonder why Sporting Kansas City got it’s new name (MLS)? Oh, and they also just advanced to the US Open Cup final... again. (US Soccer).
- Which teams could echo Seattle Sounder’s 2016 cup run (MLS)?
- MLS riding on growing wave of US Soccer interest (NY Times).
- In a last minute trade Luis Gil is heading to Colorado Rapids in exchange for Dillon Powers (Orlando Sentinel) and (also covered by Goal.com).
- LA Galaxy benefiting from Stubhub stadium’s adapting to NFL (LA Times).
- Grading every team’s summer transfers (MLS), and the winners and losers (Soccer by Ives).
- Expansion side Los Angeles FC have officially signed Mexican international Carlos Vela (goal.com)
- Why the Hudson River Derby is good for the US (Prost America), but doesn’t draw much in TV ratings (Empire of Soccer).
Other US Leagues
- Utah Utes women’s soccer looking to build on 2016 (SL Tribune).
- USL returning to Austin Texas for 2019 (Soccer by Ives).
- Satire files - NWSL to implement Pro/Rel... eventually (Nutmeg News).
- USMNT moves up 9 in latest FIFA rankings (FIFA)!
- 12 siblings who have left their mark in US Soccer (FourFourTwo).
- A relative strength comparison of the world’s soccer leagues (FiveThirtyEight).
- Players from the Mexican National Team are disregarding their Coach’s advice to join MLS (LA Times).
- Mexico international (and former New York Red Bulls) player Rafa Marquez linked to drug trafficking ring (NBC Sports); which he has subsequently denied (goal.com).
- English Premier League preview of every team (Soccer by Ives).
- MLS video series came to Salt Lake!
- An Estonian team scored in 15 seconds without touching the ball!