How to watch
- Where: RFK Stadium; Washington, D.C.
- When: 5 p.m. Mountain, 7 p.m. Eastern
- Local TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
- Live stream: MLS Live
- Radio, English: ESPN 700 AM (6:30 p.m. pre-game)
- Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM
The following players remain out per the report from RSL Communications:
- Chad Barrett (knee 3/21)
- Jordan Allen (knee 6/17)
- Omar Holness (knee 6/28)
- Ricardo Velazco (ankle 7/11)
- Matt VanOekel (ankle 7/2)
- Demar Phillips (hamstring 7/19)
No surprises here. We don’t really know the status of VanOekel or Phillips, and we’ve heard for a while that Chad Barrett is on the mend. Allen, Holness and Velazco all remain out for the season.
My position now — and I’d just like to get this out there — is that we need to win seven of the remaining 10 matches to reach a probable points-per-game to make it in. I’m not concerned about who wins what and by how many goals outside of Real Salt Lake.
A 70 percent winning record — however outstanding and unlikely it is — is achievable for this team. It’s not likely. It is possible. I’m choosing to hold out hope.