How to watch
- Where: Stade Saputo; Montreal, Canada
- When: 5:30 p.m. Mountain, 7:30 p.m. Eastern
- Local TV: KMYU (2.2 over-the-air; 12 satellite; 643 Comcast HD)
- Live stream: MLS Live
- Radio, English: ESPN 700 AM (6:30 p.m. pre-game)
- Radio, Spanish: 102.3 La Gran D FM / 1600 AM
The bare minimum for maaaaybe making the playoffs requires wins from six of our next nine matches.
But looking more acutely than that, there’s actually a chance that the right set of results could lead to RSL making it above the red line.
- Vancouver LOSES to Houston
- RSL WINS against Montreal
- San Jose LOSES against Philadelphia
And that’s actually all. Now, if we ... ahem ... score 13 more goals than Montreal, Vancouver could draw against Houston and we’d still end up above the line if San Jose loses. That’d be something, right? Heh.
Anyway, this really brings everything into sharp focus. Given we’ve played 25 matches and everyone else behind us in the standings has played 22 or 23, we’re in a precarious position. This should be a fun run-up.
- Matt VanOekel is out, but not for too much longer — he played 90 minutes for Real Monarchs.
- Chad Barrett, Ricardo Velazco, Jordan Allen and Omar Holness? Yeah, they’re still out.
- Demar Phillips is still listed as out. Maybe he gets Monarchs minutes soon. Maybe he doesn’t.
- We’ve got quite a spell of matches coming up (three in eight days) and that could spell changes to our lineup. What sorts of changes? Don’t ask me. I don’t know. (I could speculate, but let’s save that for after this one.)