For the second consecutive year, Real Salt Lake was left unscathed in the MLS Expansion Draft.
This year, it was FC Cincinnati who didn’t pick a Real Salt Lake player.
- 1 - Darren Mattocks, D.C. United
- 2 - Kei Kamara, Vancouver Whitecaps — traded to Colorado Rapids
- 3 - Roland Lamah, FC Dallas
- 4 - Eric Alexander, Houston Dynamo
- 5 - Hassan Ndam, New York Red Bulls
The picking of Kamara is particularly interesting; the player had just opted out of free agency, and the move was only confirmed shortly before the airing of the draft.
In the broadcast, FC Cincinnati coach Alan Koch also confirmed a deal had been completed for Atlanta United left back Greg Garza for a combination of TAM and GAM.
Any surprises here?