Only 29 days until MLS 2018 First Kick!
The Royal Family
- Marcelo Silva and Alfredo Ortuna once again on the same team. (SLT)
- Pre-season phase two starts in Arizona. (RSL)
- RSL’s trio is back from the USMNT camp, and joins team in Arizona. (RSL)
- Nice little profile article on Danny Acosta. (MLS)
- The Cyle Larin saga can have far-ranging consequences for MLS (ESPN)
- Potential pitfalls for Western Conference teams. (MLS) And the same for Eastern Conference teams. (MLS)
- LAFC just signed a multi-year broadcast deal with YoutubeTV. (ESPN)
- How will the Lee Nguyen standoff be resolved in New England? (GOAL)
- D.C. United finally announced venues/times for home games in March & April. (DCU)
Other US Leagues
- USL announces a handful of rule changes for the 2018 season. (USL)
- USL 2019 expansion team Birmingham Legion hire former New England Revolution coach Jay Heaps as president/GM. (SBI)
- USL - Sacramento Republic parts ways with their coach just before pre-season. (SRFC) Simon Elliott promoted from Academy. (SRFC)
- NASL - Jacksonville Armada will play in NPSL for 2018, but leaves option to return if league survives. (SSD)
- UWS - Colorado Pride rejoin for 2018. (UWS)
- At least one player thinks Jurgen Klinsmann would have made it to WC‘18. (Yahoo)
- USSF Athlete’s Council could be deciding factor in president vote. (SI)
- Hope Solo has filed a complaint with USOC over USSF conflict of interest. (FOX)
- Sulin Gulati goes on a rant about the attacks on his administration by media, and certain presidential candidates. (PST) - see the full video below.
- 25 US referees appointed to FIFA panel. (OSC)
- Tottenham Hotspur scored in 11 seconds vs, and an own goal doomed Manchester United. (ESPN).
- Russia’s government has warned that locusts could damage World Cup fields. (FOX) A day later their organizing committee dismissed the claims. (FOX)
- Requests for World Cup ‘18 tickets from USA has declined from previous years. (PST)
- A blizzard worth of deals were made on Deadline Day. (SN)
- French referee that kicked out at player suspended for 3 months. (ESPN)
- Canada will play New Zealand in March friendly. (CS)
- Even my 86 year old mother could take a better PK than this!
- Pre-season pranks are in full swing!