- When: 8:30 p.m. Mountain, 7:30 p.m. Pacific
- Where: BC Place; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- TV: KYMU (2.2 over-the-air)
- Web: KSL.com (free), ESPN Plus (paid), TSN+
- Mobile: KSL TV app
- Radio: ESPN700 (English), 104.7/107.1 FM (Spanish)
A slew of players have question marks over their head this week, but let’s start with the certainties.
- Tony Beltran, Jordan Allen, David Horst and Alex Horwath are all out.
- Taylor Peay has graduated to “questionable” for the first time in 2018.
- Shawn Barry, Demar Phillips and Marcelo Silva have all remained questionable, and we’re unlikely to see any of the three play.
- Luis Silva has newly made the list of questionable players, which is a significant downgrade.
- Aaron Herrera and Luke Mulholland are both listed as probable, which could mean they make the bench. We’ll a bit shorthanded, so that would be nice.
- Luis Silva’s absence could lead to a start for Alfredo Ortuño, but as Jerad Pullum wrote in his tactical preview, we could also see Corey Baird in the starting XI.
- Other than that, I’ve predicted no changes. Danilo Acosta could certainly be on the outs again, but I wrote that I did think his substitution was tactical, not personal. I’ve got him starting.
Rimando; Lennon, Glad, Besler, Acosta; Beckerman, Kreilach; Plata, Rusnak, Savarino; Baird
- An interesting exercise would be to look at the potential bench, too:
GK: Connor Sparrow
DEF: Adam Henley, Aaron Herrera
MID: Pablo Ruiz, Luke Mulholland, Sunny
FWD: Alfredo Ortuño, Ricky Lopez-Espin