Real Salt Lake’s up-and-down form over the first four matches of the season has been fully confusing, and we’re sitting here hoping that this match at home against Vancouver Whitecaps will provide the team with their second win of 2018.
- When: 7:30 p.m. Mountain
- Where: Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
- TV: KYMU (2.2 over-the-air)
- Web: KSL.com, MLS Live (free)
- Mobile: KSL TV app
- Listed as out: Jordan Allen, Tony Beltran, Taylor Peay
- Listed as questionable: Shawn Barry, Luke Mulholland
- Listed as probable: Aaron Herrera, Adam Henley
- It looks like Danilo Acosta and Jose Hernandez, and almost certainly Ricky Lopez-Espin, traveled to Arizona with Real Monarchs.
Lineup prediction & thoughts
- Prediction: Rimando; Henley, M. Silva, Glad, Phillips; Beckerman, Kreilach; Baird, Rusnak, Lennon; Ortuño
- I’m thinking we’ll see some rotation up top, especially with Brooks Lennon and Corey Baird both looking impressive in the early season.
- That’s reflective, too, of the lack of defensive responsibility taken up by Joao Plata and Jefferson Savarino, neither of whom have been particularly impressive.