- When: 5:30 p.m. Mountain, 7:30 p.m. Eastern
- Where: Talen Energy Stadium; Chester, Pennsylvania
- TV: KYMU (2.2 over-the-air)
- Web: KSL.com (free), ESPN Plus (paid)
- Mobile: KSL TV app
- Radio: ESPN700 (English), 104.7 FM/107.1 FM (Spanish)
- Alfredo Ortuño has not traveled with the team, instead posting photos on his Instagram story of ... cars. On the freeway. Near the 12300 South exit. Well, alright. I guess he’s not going to play for Real Salt Lake, like, ever, huh?
- The usual suspects are out — so no Tony Beltran, no Jordan Allen, no Shawn Barry, no Demar Phillips, and no Alex Horwath. Are any of those players going to play before our 20th game? Allen, Phillips and Barry might — but at this rate, who knows, really?
- Joao Plata is listed as questionable, and I suspect he won’t be playing — after he came up late during the last match, we have every reason to suspect he won’t be starting, at the very least.
Starting lineup considerations
- Who replaces Joao Plata in the lineup? It might be Mike Petke’s newest favorite player, Pablo Ruiz, who has had some very good moments for the team in his early matches. It could also be Corey Baird, for reasons we’ll talk about very soon.
- What about our center back setup? Will we again see Nick Besler and Justen Glad? Certainly, Besler has been better than might have been expected, but with Marcelo Silva and David Horst both making their way off the injury report, we might see some changes. Maybe we go with our likely preferred starting pair of Marcelo Silva and Justen Glad.
- So, what about Luis Silva? Does he get his starting spot back? I think this is the perfect chance for him to, because Plata’s potential absence does leave a lineup hole. I’d not be shocked to see him back in the XI, with Corey Baird taking over on the left side. We’ll see, right?
- I don’t expect other changes, though. Brooks Lennon will probably continue at right back, and Pablo Ruiz will probably continue at left back. I’ll tell you what, though. I’d love to see Adam Henley and Aaron Herrera starting. Don’t give me anything about their not being attacking players, either. Please.