There were 5 games during week 24, with one being just at the start of the international break. The totals don’t quite match the league table.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for this week. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- North Carolina Courage (1) - Got threatened a bit by Sky Blue, but pulled out the win at home.
- Chicago Red Stars (2) - Bye week, safe in the knowledge that their 2nd place position was secure.
- Reign FC (4) - Draw on the road in Florida is enough to put them just above the Thorns.
- Portland Thorns (3) - Scoreless tie at home vs the Spirit drops them out of 3rd.
- Washington Spirit (6) - A great way to end the season with a win on the road at the start of the break, then followed up with a scoreless draw in Portland. Points from 2 games puts them ahead of the Royals.
- Utah Royals (5) - After 22 shots, with 7 on goal, they only netted 2. Houston’s GK made 5 saves to prevent a blowout win for the Royals.
- Houston Dash (7) - Fell behind by 2 in the thin air of Utah, got fortunate to score a late goal to prevent the goose egg.
- Sky Blue FC (8) - Scored 2 goals in North Carolina, unfortunately they scored 3. Still much improvement over last year!
- Orlando Pride (9) - Had their final two games at home; Lost 3-0 vs the Spirit, then 2-2 draw against the Reign. Hope for better things next year.