- Tony Beltran — Obviously enough, Beltran’s retired. I’m still sad. The last two years were more or less stolen from him by one bad tackle. I hope he stays in the organization in some capacity.
- Nick Rimando — I mean, he retired at the right time, but he leaves a massive hole.
- Jordan Allen — It’s hard to see Allen continuing in professional soccer. It’s time. Again, a career stolen, though this one was by his own body and less someone else’s actions.
- Alex Horwath — Maybe I’m wrong here, but he’s been passed by Andrew Putna and David Ochoa. If we keep him around, I’m not sure he provides any value unless he becomes our third-choice goalkeeper or something. That doesn’t seem like the best use of resources. I dunno.
- Sebastian Saucedo — You know, this isn’t “confirmed” but it might as well be. Saucedo’s been jazzed to leave.
- Marcelo Silva — It’s no secret that Silva’s wanted more playing time over the last year, especially as he’s now playing third fiddle to Nedum Onuoha and Justen Glad. I don’t think that’s the wrong decision, but it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to keep a TAM player on the bench. It just feels like it’s roster misconstruction at that point.
- Luke Mulholland — We haven’t seen Luke in an RSL shirt with anything approaching regularity since 2017. He hasn’t played consecutive first-team games since the end of that year. He’s still struggling with back issues, and while he’s played a bit more for Real Monarchs, I don’t know that he’s a good fit on the RSL roster at this point. Maybe he’s put his injury issues behind him — if so, maybe he’ll stay. For now, he’s just medium likely for me.
- Joao Plata — I love Joao Plata. I really do. And for the last year, I’ve been convinced that he was on his way out. Now? Well, I have absolutely no clue. It feels like he might just end up signing a new contract here. I have zero evidence for this, obviously.
- Kelyn Rowe — I do believe Rowe is out of contract, and he didn’t do a whole lot for us on the field during his time here. I don’t really blame him for that — it’s not like he was expected to come in and immediately contribute in a huge, palpable way. But I do think he has value moving forward, and I would be curious how a new coach would rate him.
- Kyle Beckerman — I don’t think even RSL’s captain knows if he’s retiring in the offseason. During his season-end exit interview, Albert Rusnak mentioned some uncertainty around Beckerman. That’s interesting to me, and it would be totally like Beckerman to walk away without making a big todo about it.
- Pablo Ruiz — His loan is ending, it seems. Maybe he ends up back in Utah. He’s really been a great player over in Austria, so it might make sense.
- Jefferson Savarino — I don’t think any of us would be shocked to see Savarino sold for big money during the offseason. That said, I don’t want him to go. I’m not ready.