The 2nd week of NWSL is done and dusted, and with the Utah Royals FC finally playing all teams have now played at least one game.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for week 2. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- Portland Thorns (1) - A tie on the road is good enough to stay on top.
- Utah Royals (5) - Finally played their first game, and it was a win at home. Move up due to other results.
- Washington Spirit (2) - The team that beat them takes their place.
- North Carolina Courage (6) - Routed Orlando by 5 goals at home gives them a boost in the standings.
- Houston Dash (7) - Won on the road... against Sky Blue, but an away win moves them up.
- Seattle Reign (3) - Tie at home, but at least it was only 1-1.
- Chicago Red Stars (4) - Tied at home... but they let in 4 goals vs Portland. Where was last week’s defense?
- Orlando Pride (9) - A blowout loss, followed by a tie on the road. Baby steps.
- Sky Blue FC (8) - First home loss of the year. At least it was only a one goal game.