The 3rd week of NWSL has passed, and all teams have now played at least 2 games. With so few teams the Power Rankings somewhat resemble the points table.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for week 2. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- North Carolina Courage (4) - Went to Houston and dominated. Beginning to look like they’re still on last year’s streak.
- Utah Royals (2) - Two games, two wins. The only team in NWSL with a perfect record, the only reason they’re not first is they’ve only scored 2 goals.
- Portland Thorns (1) - Another tie on the road; normally it would be good enough to stay on top, but not when two teams just below win away games.
- Washington Spirit (3) - Bye week. Move down only because the Courage moved up.
- Chicago Red Stars (7) - Knocked 3 past Seattle at home, but they’ve got a big test this week heading to undefeated Utah.
- Seattle Reign (6) - Shut out in Chicago and conceded 3 goals. The Reign are slipping down the table.
- Houston Dash (5) - Gave up 4 goals at home. At least the consolation goal saved the shutout.
- Sky Blue FC (9) - Pulled ahead of Portland, but let the lead slip away. At least they’re not in last place anymore!
- Orlando Pride (8) - 1 point from 4 games, including 2 home losses. The Pride need some help.