Nearly every team moved positions in this week’s table. Two teams picked up wins away from home, and last week’s #1 was one of the losing home teams. The all too short World Cup break can’t come soon enough for many teams.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for week 7. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- Utah Royals (2) - Win at home with a 2 goal shutout.
- Portland Thorns (4) - Scored one goal on the road vs Sky Blue to pick up the win.
- Washington Spirit (5) - A convincing 2-0 win in Chicago.
- Chicago Red Stars (1) - Failed to score a goal at home and conceded twice in loss.
- North Carolina Courage (3) - Lost on the road vs Seattle; had to move down due to the teams with away wins moving up.
- Seattle Reign (6) - Won at home. Normally that would move a team up, but as this was only the Reign’s second win and it’ll take a bit more to move into the top 5.
- Houston Dash (7) - Bye Week.
- Orlando Pride (9) - Lost on the road in Utah, but move up due to Sky Blue’s result.
- Sky Blue FC (8) - It was hard dropping Sky Blue down, but this was their third loss at home. At this point it’s a tossup between 8th and 9th place.