Movement abounds on this week’s table. There were two road wins, and a pair of draws resulting in a big jump for the Reign. The two bottom teams battled it out for last place, and we now have a clear picture for last place.
A reminder for readers who only follow the Power Rankings, there is also a prediction game called the Soapbox Oracle; and there is a World Cup prediction version found HERE. The survey has been updated for knockout rounds.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for week 10. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- Portland Thorns (1) - Held scoreless at home for the first time in recent memory! At least they didn’t lose the game vs the Royals, that would have certainly moved them down.
- Utah Royals (3) - The most potent attack (Thorns) met the tightest defense (Royals) and the result was a complete stalemate, 0-0 draw. Royals rise due to the Spirit falling.
- Washington Spirit (2) - Scoreless tie at home vs a team they should have easily beaten moves the Spirit down.
- Reign FC (7) - Picked up their first win on the road vs the Red Stars!
- North Carolina Courage (4) - Bye week. Drop one due to Reign’s road win.
- Houston Dash (6) - Visited the Spirit and walked away with a point and no goals conceded. Hard to justify moving above the bye team for that.
- Chicago Red Stars (5) - Gave the Reign their first road win. Stars have to be anxious for their internationals to come back from France.
- Orlando Pride (8) - Finally won a game! But it was against Sky Blue so... great.
- Sky Blue FC (9) - Finished second in the battle for last place.