In what is probably the weirdest week of NWSL - every single away team won! I’d say it’s doubtful you would ever see that in any other league worldwide. Portland Thorns FC was the only team to remain in their previous position (as they were one of the away winners).
A reminder for readers who only follow the Power Rankings, there is also a prediction game called the Soapbox Oracle; and there is a World Cup prediction version found HERE.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for week 10. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- Portland Thorns (1) - Already in first, and won on the road. Can go up any further so they stay on top.
- Reign FC (4) - Went from sea level to the Rocky Mountains and came away 3 points richer.
- North Carolina Courage (5) - Faced off against this year’s leaders, and made everyone remember they won the league last year.
- Chicago Red Stars (7) - Wounded the Pride with 3 goals against, but conceded 2 in the process. Still missing internationals.
- Utah Royals (2) - May have been the worst performance of the year. Really need internationals back, and Vero to heal.
- Washington Spirit (3) - Fell at home against the Courage.
- Houston Dash (6) - Got caught out by the Thorns at home.
- Sky Blue FC (9) - Bye Week!
- Orlando Pride (8) - Managed to score two goals, but the Red Stars put 3 away.