There were 6 games during week 23, but by now the patterns are pretty well established. There are no changes from last week.
So without further mindless banter, here’s the power rankings for this week. (#) indicates last week’s ranking.
- North Carolina Courage (1) - Lost to the Spirit, but at this point their lead is insurmountable.
- Chicago Red Stars (2) - Needed a very late goal to beat the Royals at home.
- Portland Thorns (3) - Fell to the Reign on the road, they have one game remaining to remain in 3rd.
- Reign FC (4) - Beat the Thorns at home, and have a chance to move into 3rd place.
- Utah Royals (5) - Pressured the Red Stars until the closing minutes before conceding the goal that put the playoffs out of reach.
- Washington Spirit (6) - Scoreless draw in Houston, then Beat the Courage at home with two late goals.
- Houston Dash (7) - Failed to score at home vs the Spirit, but the teams below fared no better.
- Sky Blue FC (8) - Tied Orlando at home.
- Orlando Pride (9) - Visited New Jersey for a game, came out with a point.