Real Salt Lake, in a bit of an under-the-radar move, announced some of the kit number changes we can expect in 2020.
The news came in an article published yesterday on RSL.com.
The big news? Corey Baird getting the number 10 kit. While you shouldn’t read too much into kit numbers, 10 is a bit of a prestigious number to wear. Given he just earned a new long-term contract, I won’t argue too much.
Other big news — the full list is below — is David Ochoa getting the number 1. Is that a sign of things to come? Who knows, really. I’m just curious.
- Zac MacMath: 18 (was Nick Rimando)
- Ashtone Morgan: 3 (vacant)
- Alvin Jones: 2 (was Tony Beltran)
- Milan Iloski: 23 (was Sebastian Saucedo)
- Maikel Chang: 16 (prev. 44)
- Douglas Martinez: 12 (prev. 42, was Brooks Lennon)
- David Ochoa: 1 (prev. 24, was Alex Horwath)
- Corey Baird: 10 (prev. 17, was Joao Plata)