Major League Soccer has suspended Sporting Kansas City’s midfielder Felipe Hernandez for the remainder of the 2021 season. After an investigation it was determined that he violated the league ethics rules regarding gambling on matches. He placed bets on two separate MLS matches - not involving SKC. USL has also suspended him for the rest of their season as he has also played matches for SKC’s affiliate Sporting Kansas City II. He is eligible to end suspension on Jan. 1st if he completes conditions set by the league; SKC coach Peter Vermes indicates that he would welcome Felilpe back.
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [MLS] RSL academy product Axel Kei made his professional debut for the Real Monarchs Saturday night, and entered the US History books as the youngest ever player to play in an American pro sports match.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [90Min] The 5 most underrated coaches in MLS.
- [Goal][MiHe] Inter Miami coach Phil Neville went on a rant against MLS referees, and he may have a case. [VIDEO]
- [NWSL] Racing Louisville become the 2nd team eliminated from the 2021 playoffs after loss to Washington Spirit.
- [TheScore] Seattle Sounders clench their 13th consecutive playoff berth with win over Vancouver Whitecaps.
- [SSFC][ASN] USMNT beat Jamaica 2-0 in World Cup qualifying match. Pepi and Aaronson put in stellar performances.
- [MLS] USMNT drop World Cup qualifying match in Panama after 1-0 loss.
- [WaPo] The problems uncovered in NWSL over the past two weeks is only a symptom. US Soccer is the underlying problem.
- [FFT] The Ballon d’Or nominees for 2021 have been announced.
- [CBS][Goal] France comes from behind to beat Spain 2-1 in the UEFA Nations League final.
Is there anything you the readers would like to see more or less of in the Roundup? Recaps of games from MLS or other leagues? Anything you would like to have added? Comments and suggestions welcome.