New Owner watch: 63 days since the league took over.
Faithful visitors to the Soapbox will of course have noticed that RSL-related news has come in steadily over the last few days. Over at the Tribune, Alex Vejar finally dropped his interview with RSL President John Kimball - which is a very nice read, the first two games were announced, we learned that Vancouver would be playing their home games at the RioT, 3 RSL players made the Olympic roster, and a new Asst. coach has been named (still awaiting confirmation on that last one).
- One year after the shutdown, here’s how Europe coped with the pandemic. [USAT]
- European soccer fans are speaking out against the proposed expansion of the UEFA Champions League. [Guardian]
- EA Sports is in trouble again over the FIFA game series. [BenchKings]
- Protesters are demanding an investigation into the death of Diego Maradona as allegations of negligence in his care. [Guardian]
- International authorities, with the help of the EPL bring down the illegal Spanish streaming app Modbro which was used by around 100 million users. [Balls]
- Toronto FC will be Canada’s representative in the Concacaf Champions League after the final vs Forge FC is cancelled due to travel restrictions. [FRS]
- Former Juventus club president says signing Cristiano Ronaldo was an expensive mistake. [Balls]
- Puerto Rico is trying to improve it’s still fledgling soccer league and infrastructure. [FIFA]
- Final U-23 USMNT roster has been announced by Jason Kreis. [USSOC]
- Nashville SC released the first images and models of it’s new stadium design. The stadium should be ready for the 2022 season. [USAT]
- Alvaro Saborio officially joins Real Salt Lake after a few weeks of speculation. [3/12/10]
- Who remembers going to any of these Real Week activities? [3/12/12]
- RSL was informed that Kenny Mansally would be suspended one game after head-butting Perry Kitchen in the previous week’s game vs D.C. United. [3/14/13]
- Matt Montgomery took us on a little trip through the history of soccer in Utah. [3/12/14]
- We analyze some ways to improve the 4-3-3 lineup before the next game vs Philadelphia Union. [3/12/15]
- Final: RSL 2 - 1 Seattle Sounders. RSL come from behind to get win at home. [3/12/16]
- One year ago today RSL suspended the season for 30 days due to the pandemic. As we later discovered it would last a great deal longer. [3/12/20]
David Beckham showed he’s still got skills at age 45.