New owner watch: 75 days since the league took over the sale.
Starting next week there will be a change to the Roundup, for the rest of the off-season it will run just 2 times a week on Tuesday and Friday. When news items pick up it will return to a 3 day per week schedule.
US U-23 continues Olympic qualifying tonight (Wed) vs Mexico, and the USMNT will play a friendly match vs Jamaica on Thursday.
- Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen fired their head coach Peter Bosz Tuesday. 3 assistants leaving as well. U-18 coach take over for rest of season. [NBCS]
- A new broadcasting deal has been reached in the UK. BB C and Sky Sports will air WSL games for the next three seasons. [ShortFuse]
- The president of Brazil’s soccer league is urging clubs to keep playing in spite of new wave of COVID outbreaks. [USAT]
- Starting next season, Serie A games will be moving from ESPN to CBS in the USA. [USAT]
- World Cup qualifying, by the numbers. [FIFA]
- Canada has named it’s roster for the World Cup qualifiers. [MLS]
- ESPN has named their top 50 World Women’s Players. Did your favorite make the list? [ESPN]
- The USWNT coach Vlatko Andonovski has called in 23 players for the two scheduled friendly matches in April. [NWSL][USSOC]
- Six standout players for the US U-23 team during Olympic qualifying. [NBCS]
- Three USMNT players who had been scheduled to return to their clubs after the first friendly vs Jamaica, will now be available to play vs Northern Ireland also. [SBI]
- The coach of Atlanta United’s USL team (AU2) Stephen Glass has stepped down to accept the position of head coach with Aberdeen FC in Scotland. [USSP][AFC]
- The USL Championship has announced the 2021 home opening games. [USLC]
- The Leagues Cup and Campeones Cup will return for 2021. [MLS]
- San Jose Earthquakes hoping 2021 will be a fitting sendoff for Chris Wondolowski. [WFI]
- NWSL’s newest expansion side Angel City FC has removed one of their minority owners due to sexual harassment claims. [Insider]
- 2010 Real Salt Lake season preview. [3/25/10]
- RSL owner Dave Checketts announced the retirement of jersey #9 to honor Jason Kreis. [3/25/11]
- RSL’s two game win streak to open the season crashed with a 1-0 loss at home vs Chivas USA. [3/25/12]
- Minnesota United was named as the next MLS expansion team, and we speculate on the future (now hindsight)... [3/25/15]
- Real Monarchs 2017 season preview. Will the future look bright under Mike Petke? [3/24/17]
- Utah Royals FC played it’s first ever match vs Orlando Pride. The game ended 1-1 with Gunny Jonsdottir scoring the first goal for URFC. [3/24/18]
RSL’s Douglas Martinez was fairly busy for Honduras in their Olympic qualifier vs El Salvador. Check out his goal at about 26 seconds in the video below.