New owner watch: 81 days since the league took over the sale.
- Portugal was denied a stoppage time game winning goal in their World Cup qualifier vs Serbia. Replays showed a goal, but VAR was not available for the match. [ESPN]
- Ronaldo stormed off the pitch before the final whistle in protest, and he has a point about the lack of VAR or other goal line technology that could have been used. [ESPN]
- Thierry Henry is quitting social media due to unchecked racism and bullying. [CBS]
- There players from Wales were sent home for breaking quarantine rules during World Cup qualifying match. [Guardian]
- Real Madrid are looking to sell 6 senior players to raise funds to sign two big names. [SportsLens]
- Honduras and Mexico book tickets to the Olympics. [FIFA]
- Concacaf is entering the final phase of certifying referees to use VAR in future events. The current class of Central American and Caribbean referees are participating. [CONCACAF]
- The prospect of a Women’s Club World Cup is moving ahead quickly. [Guardian]
- Some burning questions about the US U-23 and senior teams. [ESPN]
- US failure to qualify for the Olympics yet again is complicated. [WaPo][FRS]
- USMNT gets first ever win vs Northern Ireland. [USAT]
- Three thoughts on the USMNT win over Northern Ireland. [Multiplex]
- And some thoughts on the US U-23 loss to Honduras. [ASN][FRS]
- US Open Cup has eliminated the opening rounds for 2021 due to Covid travel concerns. Will start with Round of 16. [Score]
- The first predictions are in for MLS end of year awards. [Multiplex]
- USL have chosen the teams that will participate in the Covid-reduced 2021 US Open Cup. [USL]
- Nationwide insurance joins growing list of NWSL sponsors. [USAT]
- Real Salt Lake announced a new training campus in Arizona as a home to the RSL-AZ U13-U19 academy teams. [RSL]
- [3/29/10] RSL’s Javier Morales named MLS Player of the Week.
- [3/29/11] The pressure is building for RSL.
- [3/31/12] RSL earns 3-2 come from behind road win vs Portland Timbers. (Highlights)
- [3/30/13] RSL gets a 2-1 home win vs Seattle Sounders.
- [3/29/14] RSL thumps Toronto FC 3-0.
- [3/19/15] RSL played it’s first ever scheduled Sunday game causing many ruffled feathers.
- [4/1/16] A shorthanded RSL used the MLS extreme hardship rule to call up 3 Real Monarchs players for upcoming match vs Sporting Kansas City.
- [3/29/17] Mike Petke officially named RSL head coach.
Former teammates for the Real Monarchs; Luis Palma consoles David Ochoa after the US loss.