RSL’s Minnesota curse has finally been broken! See highlights and official recaps below.
- [FIFA] 99 officials have been named for the upcoming Olympic Tournament. VAR will be used in the Olympics for the first time.
- [USAT] Real Madrid’s president Florentino Pérez insists that clubs can’t withdraw from the Super League.
- [Concacaf] Caribbean Club Championship tournament draw complete. Matches begin in May for Champions League berth.
- [CBS] An estimated 2,000 fans marched on Arsenal’s Emirates stadium demanding owner Stan Kroenke sell the team.
- [Reutir] Manchester United want Cristiano Ronaldo back.
- [CBS] Manchester City leave it late vs Tottenham Hotspur to win EFL Cup.
- [EPL] English football teams have united to boycott racism on social media from April 30 - May 3rd.
In response to the sustained discriminatory abuse received online by players and others connected to the game, English football will unite for a social media boycott from 15:00 BST on Fri 30 April to 23:59 BST on Mon 3 May— Premier League (@premierleague) April 24, 2021
Full story ➡️ https://t.co/YINlwNb7d0#NoRoomForRacism pic.twitter.com/vp6aVovqIS
- [WST] The collapse of the European Super League should be a wake-up call for US Soccer.
- [USSOC] US Soccer Podcast interview with Carli Lloyd.
- [SocWire] US Men’s Futsal team has been named for the upcoming 2021 Concacaf Championship.
- [USL] SiriusXM has launched a new weekly program focusing on USL-Championship and USL League 1.
- [TheScore] LA Galaxy midfielder Sebastian Lletget has been suspended by MLS for using a homophobic slur on social media.
- [SSD] FC Cincinnati’s stadium finally gets a name - TQL Stadium. TQL is a freight brokerage firm based in Cincinnati.
- [MLS] Higuain brothers become the first siblings to score for the same time in an MLS game.
- [SocWire] Rich Manning, the coach of University of Utah Women’s soccer team has stepped down to pursue other opportunities.
- [MLS]/[MUFC]/[Star] Recap: Minnesota United 1, Real Salt Lake 2.
- [MLS]/[SLTrib] Has David Ochoa become public enemy #1 for Minnesota United? The stakes have been raised for our next match with them.
- [4/25/10] RSL lost to Columbus 1-0.
- [4-23-11] With the CCL final match looming, the match between RSL and Philadelphia Union was postponed to allow time to train. Watch for a special This Day In RSL History article coming on Tuesday!
- [4/25/12] RSL tied FCD 1-1 on the road - better than a loss, but the Texas jinx remained.
- [4/25/13] The precursor to the Utah Royals was announced - RSL Women SC playing in the WPSL.
- [4/26/14] RSL concedes twice late to tie Vancouver 2-2.
- [4/25/15] An injury stricken RSL loses big in New England.
Here’s the post-game melee with commentary from MUFC’s media team.